The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Labaid Specialized Hospital caters to the complete needs of women from adolescence through to menopause and beyond.
Gynecology & Obstetrics Doctor List
Dr. Begum Hosne Ara
Visiting Hours:- 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM, Friday Closed
DR. KANIZ FATEMA
Visiting Hours:- 6.30 PM – 9.00 PM, Friday Closed
DR. MARIAM FARUQUI ( SHATI )
Visiting Hours:- 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Dr. Moriom Faruki ( Shati)
Visiting Hours:- Saturday, Monday, Wednesday (9:00 AM – 2:00 pm),
DR. Nahida Nazneen
Visiting Hours:- Only Friday:- 9:00 AM – 12 PM & 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM,
Dr. Serajum Munira
Consulting Hours:- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Friday),
Dr. Tasnim Akter
Visiting Hours:- 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Dr. Ummey Salma Chowdhury
Visiting Hours:- Only Thursday & Friday:- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM,
Prof. Dr Afzalunnessa Chowdhury
Consulting Hours:- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, (For Serial) Friday Closed
Prof. Dr. Mariam Faruqui (Shati)
Visiting Hours:- Saturday, Monday & Wednesday (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM ), Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Prof. Dr. Sangjukta Saha
Visiting Hours:- 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM, Friday Closed
Prof. Major(Ret) Dr. Laila Arjumand Banu
Visiting Hours:-10.00 AM – 12.00 PM
PROF. RAHIMA BEGUM
Visiting Hours:- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6 PM – 9:00 PM, (For Serial), Thursday & Friday Closed
Call Hotline:- 10606 For Serial
Labaid Hospital Location Address and Contact Number
Labaid Specialized Hospital
Address: House- 06, Road No 4, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh
Email: [email protected]
Labaid Hotline: 10606
24 hours Emergency: +8801713333337
Labaid Cardiac customer care: +8801766663222
Labaid Specialized customer care: +8801766662111
Labaid Cardiac admission: +8801766660444
Labaid Specialized admission: +8801766661222
The Department offers specialty care in the fields of:
- General Gynaecology
- Endoscopic surgery
- Adolescent Gynaecology
- General Obstetrics –
- Normal and Painless Delivery
- Cesarean Section
- Perinatal medicine
- Gynaecological Oncology
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Ultrasound Services: The Department provides Gynaecological and Obstetric scans and follicular tracking for infertility patients through out the week. Ultrasound guided procedures are done in the operation theatre & also performed as outpatient procedures.
- Well Women Clinic : provides Health Check-up suited to your age and needs. Besides, gynaecological examinations are conducted to look for any evidences of gynaecological cancer for which screening (Pap smears & Mammograms) facilities are also available.
- Sophisticated Labour Wards: The Department also provides 24-hour maternity and epidural and anaesthetic services, well-monitored, state-of-the-art labour wards with birthing suites – mother and baby are housed and cared conceivable only in the developed countries. The labour ward has all modern facilities including USG and CTG. Besides we have modern ICU facilities, neonatal ICU, Closed type of Incubator for pre-term, low birth weight babies and neonates-at-risk, open-type of incubator having In-situ phototherapy with halogen bulb & In-situ resuscitation facilities, Neonatal and Infant ventilators and Separate phototherapy units to feed any medical need for the new born babies.
- Laparoscopic Diagnosis and Surgery: Extensive laparoscopic, hysteroscopic and different gynaecological surgeries including surgical oncology are on the dishes to ensure best possible treatment. The types of surgery that are carried out for women requiring gynaecological care includes:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic surgery for into infertility
- Reconstructive and recanalization of fallopian tubes
- Treatment of endometriosis
- Treatment of ovarian cysts
- Treatment of pelvic pain
- Treatment of sterilisation and reversal of sterilisation
- Uro-gynaecology surgery for female continence complaints
- General Gynecology Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Posterior and anterior repair
- Diagnostic Services
- Ultrasound services
- CT Scan
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Tubal Cannulation
- Transvaginal Ultrasound (TVS)
- Paps Smear
- Hormones assay
- Viral markers
- Molecular/PCR diagnostic facilities
- Outpatient Consultation: Our renowned gynaecologists and Obstetricians provide OPD services from Saturday to Thursday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Emergency Services: Any gynaecological and Obstetrics emergency is taken care of by our emergency Obs/Gyn team including one Regstrar on rotation duty, round the clock, 7-days week.
- Pre-marital Clinic: The service has been introduced for the first time in Bangladesh with a view to preventing some genetic disorders and educating our future mothers about the need of lifestyle modifications and doing some special tests that ensure birth of healthy children. Our team comprises highly trained physicians, genecist, nurses and health educators. The team will take note of family genetic history, do the genetic counseling, evaluate the risk of recurrence of genetic disorders and also the needs of the clients.
- Infertility Clinic: The Infertility Clinic in collaboration with Obs & Gyn Department is equipped with modern instruments and finest Reproductive Medicine Specialists to provide full range of services for infertility caused by female factors such as tubal block, anovulation, depletion of ovarian reserve of follicles, hydro-salpingitis, uterine abnormality, cervical factor, endometriosis and other factors. Male Infertility Clinic is run in association with the Urology and Endocrinology Clinics to treat male factors such as varicocele, blocks in the Vas deferens, Ejaculatory Duct; Seminal Vesicle infection, Prostatitis and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI), In-vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Sperm Cryo-preservation etc are the cornerstones of management of infertility being provided at this clinic.
- High Risk Pregnancy Clinic: A high-risk pregnancy is defined as one where the mother has a chronic medical condition or a pregnancy-complicated medical condition: reported diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular problem, renal problem, epilepsy, asthma, recurrent previous abortions (3 or more) or a stillbirth.
- Clinic for Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Anomalies and Genetic Abnormalities: Prenatal diagnosis employs a variety of techniques to determine the health and condition of an unborn fetus. Without knowledge gained by prenatal diagnosis, there could be an untoward outcome for the fetus or the mother or both. Congenital anomalies account for 20 to 25% of perinatal deaths. Specifically, prenatal diagnosis is helpful for:
- Managing the remaining weeks of the pregnancy
- Determining the outcome of the pregnancy
- Planning for possible complications with the birth process
- Planning for problems that may occur in the newborn infant
- Deciding whether to continue the pregnancy
- Finding conditions that may affect future pregnancies
There are a variety of non-invasive and invasive techniques available in Labaid Specialized Hospital for prenatal diagnosis. Each of them can be applied only during specific time periods during the pregnancy for greatest utility. The techniques employed for prenatal diagnosis include:
- Ultrasonography: An ultrasound examination can be quite useful to determine the size and position of the fetus, the size and position of the placenta, the amount of amniotic fluid, and the appearance of fetal anatomy. Sometimes it is possible to detect Down syndrome (trisomy 21) by seeing the nuchal thickening.
- Maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein: Using a combination of maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein screening and ultrasonography, almost all cases of anencephaly can be found and most cases of spina bifida. Neural tube defects can be distinguished from other fetal defects (such as abdominal wall defects) by use of the acetylcholinesterase test performed on amniotic fluid obtained by amniocentesis.
- Maternal serum beta-HCG: Besides, diagnosis of pregnancy, the beta-HCG can be useful early in pregnancy when threatened abortion or ectopic pregnancy is suspected. Later in pregnancy, in the middle to late second trimester, it can be used in conjunction with maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein to screen for chromosomal abnormalities and Down syndrome in particular. Estimation of the beta-HCG is also useful to diagnose trophoblastic disease (molar pregnancy) and hydatidiform mole. It can be used to follow up treatment for molar pregnancy to make sure that no trophoblastic disease, such as a choriocarcinoma, persists.
- Maternal serum estriol: The measurement of serial estriol levels in the third trimester gives an indication of general well-being of the fetus. If the estriol level drops, then the fetus is threatened and delivery may be necessary urgently. Estriol tends to be lower when Down syndrome is present and when there is adrenal hypoplasia with anencephaly.
Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
Range of Services:
- Gynaecological cancer screening and prevention
- Treatment of preinvasive diseases
- Surgical oncology
- Complex pelvic surgery
- Inpatient and outpatient cancer care
- Inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy
- Cancer support & counseling service
- Comprehensive cancer care including palliative care, psychological support, physiotherapy and dietetics services
- Uro-dynamic clinics and non-invasive treatment plan
Well Women’s Clinic
It is important for women to have regular checkups. Breast checks, Pap smears, blood pressure are all tests that should be done on an ongoing basis. Sometimes it’s just good to go and talk to someone about your sexual health or to find out more about other services that might be useful to you. The Well Women’s Clinic offers all of this and more!
LSH Well Women’s Clinic offers an innovative service for those women who need tailor-made care in accordance with their need, culture, belief and social status. This is a walk-in clinic and no appointment is necessary. At the Well Woman Clinic, the goal is to provide comprehensive women’s health care, including education with a focus on prevention.
- All sexually active women
- Adolescent girls
- Menopausal women
- Any woman concerned about gynaecological problems
What does it offer?
- Screening for cancer of cervix and breast
- Screening for problems related to menopause such as osteoporosis, raised cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Health Education
- Sexual Health
- Contraceptive options
- Emergency Contraceptives
- Fertility Problems
- Breast Feeding info
- Gynaecological problems
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Post-Menopausal complications
- Family Planning including IUD fitting
What does it include?
- Questionnaire screening by nurse
- Measurement of weight, blood pressure and urine examination
- PAP smear, gynaecological and breast examination by a lady physician
- Learning breast examination
- Video instruction for breast self-examination to detect early breast cancer
- Additional tests such as mammogram, bone density and cholesterol levels
Ante-natal Clinic – This clinic provides services that care for women during pregnancy. The clinic makes efficient use of medical and nursing resources, and has access to ultrasound scanning and operating facilities as well as psychological support and information regarding counseling and miscarriage.